Mandate of KVK
- Conducting 'On Farm Testing' for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use system.
- Organize frontline demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organize short and long term vocational training course in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers & rural youths with emphasis on 'learning by doing' for higher production on farms and generating self employment.
- Organize training to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
Thrust Area of KVK
- Productivity improvement of cereals, oilseeds, pulses, fruits, & vegetables .
- Nursery development practices, Plant multiplication techniques for vegetables & fruits.
- Seed production of cereals, pulses & oilseeds and promotion of seed production of important crops through seed villages.
- Organic manure based INM for improving crop yield as well as soil fertility.
- Management technologies for dairy, poultry, piggery, goatry and introduction of improved breed of goats, pigs, backyard poultry & ducks.
- Up gradation of local goats, pigs and poultry birds for increasing productivity.
- Propagation of mushroom technology and cultivation.
- Integrated disease and pest management in different crops and vegetables.
- Development of nutritional garden in homestead land.
- Entrepreneurship development and subsidiary income generation.